Private Equity Funds
Emerging Markets Fund:
A not-for-profit, evergreen fund to invest in for-profit businesses operating internationally in regions like China, India, SE Asia and the Former Soviet Union. The nonprofit mission of the fund includes investing in Christian businessmen who will:
- build successful businesses overseas and create good-paying jobs for the communities in which they are operating,
- partner with the local church to expand the Christian witness of those communities among their own people, and
- pursue a reasonable return on investment to the Fund so that we may continue to investment in future businesses.
Technology Ventures Fund:
A for-profit, private capital fund to invest in early stage companies in Energy, Healthcare, Agriculture and Advanced Materials in Kansas and the Midwest Region. Investors must be accredited investors. The investment philosophies of this fund include:
- TOP RATE PEOPLE. The #1 asset of any company is not the innovation or idea, nor the unmet customer need. It is always the people! We will "invest in people" that can deliver the vision of the company, and reinvent as needed.
- SUFFICIENT CAPITAL. Initial capital must only be committed when capital sufficient to reach liquidity is secured or reasonably predictable, protecting investors from getting squashed by later money, or languishing in "the land of the living dead."
- STRATEGIC FOCUS. Management must know its customer, understand its marketing strategy, and consider strategic alliances in order to maximize market share, while driving quality & service, and keeping operational costs down.
- INCENTIVES & DIRECTION. Management should keep salaries low, incentivizing performance through profit-sharing plans, and should be led by an active, experienced, and also incentivized Board of Directors and/or Advisory Boards.
If you are interested in learning more about these funds, please contact Bob Reader.